» super shotgun causes GZDoom to crash
Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:57 pm by Major Cooke

» Nothing visible
Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:27 am by Thefunny711

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 65 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:47 am

Share | 

Why do monsters drop weapons often at first?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Michaelis
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Why do monsters drop weapons often at first?   Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:16 am

Why do monsters drop weapons more often at the beginning of game? Is it something related to AEoD or the (G)ZDoom behind it? I wouldn't have believed it if someone else told me that, but I've been playing through some megawads recently, and never left MAP01 without obtaining some guns dropped by monsters.
Just started Hell Revealed, and the very first shotgun-guy replacement I met supplied me with a SPAS.
Sure it's nice and all, but how does it work?

I remember that in Descent (don't remember I or II), robots that fired player-ish weapons such as Vulcan Cannon or Spreadfire Cannon would 100% drop them if you don't have them.
Back to top Go down
Findus
UAC Space Marine
UAC Space Marine

PostSubject: Re: Why do monsters drop weapons often at first?   Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:28 am

I think that the monsters just have chance to drop a wep if they could. Perhaps even chances to drop diffrent ammo I havent tested. Im pretty sure dbt has said atleast once that almost no monster has a 100% chance to drop a specific wep at any point. Those that always drop weps are probably bosses.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/Findulidas?feature=mhee
Findus
UAC Space Marine
UAC Space Marine

PostSubject: Re: Why do monsters drop weapons often at first?   Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:29 am

Findus wrote:
Those that always drop weps are probably bosses.

SOME bosses not all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/Findulidas?feature=mhee
Mr.Kosta
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon

PostSubject: Re: Why do monsters drop weapons often at first?   Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:19 am

Michaelis wrote:
Why do monsters drop weapons more often at the beginning of game? Is it something related to AEoD or the (G)ZDoom behind it? I wouldn't have believed it if someone else told me that, but I've been playing through some megawads recently, and never left MAP01 without obtaining some guns dropped by monsters.

They don't really drop them more often in the early levels, it just seems that way because when you start the game you barely have anything and you start collecting weapons.

In lvl 29, a shotgun guy is as likely to drop a SPAS as he is in lvl 2, but by then you have much better stuff, so you don't really notice.
Back to top Go down
Michaelis
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Why do monsters drop weapons often at first?   Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:40 am

Really, maybe I don't notice it on lvl 29. But the most noticeable thing to me is that on lvl 5 I get less weapons from monsters than on lvl 1.

I know that such (I mean that of presumably changing probability) behavior isn't exposed in DECORATE. It's either in (G)ZDoom itself, some super-tricky ACS of AEoD (I don't know, I haven't taken a look yet), or non-existent (as I would have thought myself before I had this supernatural experience Very Happy ).
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Why do monsters drop weapons often at first?   Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:01 pm

I have noticed some weird patterns when is about random spawners, chances to get certain things and whatnot. But no, it's not AEoD. It's (G)Zdoom. Unfortunately, there's no tangible proof, and therefore I have never been able to report that as a bug. Say, for example, I was noticing that in v5 I used to get the exact same drops from monsters and spawners. The spawners are biased to give you some weapons more often true, but not the exact same one quite a few times in a row.

All in all, is something that is out of my control, and after all, we can always say "it's random, so blame your luck" Razz

DBT AKA "Jesus the pimp" - Major Cooke
"02:37 p.m. - DBThanatos runs around like a little girl"
"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King
"In offline gaming we trust" -DBT & MC

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why do monsters drop weapons often at first?   

Back to top Go down

Why do monsters drop weapons often at first?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1