Share | 

Sudden death!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Findus
UAC Space Marine
UAC Space Marine

PostSubject: Sudden death!   Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:48 pm

Woke up an hour ago and it felt like I was about to die. Had trouble getting air and my heart was racing. One of the scariest moments of my life. Been sick for several days with what I thought was normal flu but it now seems to have become (or perhaps always was) some kind of pneumonia which is another leaguage of disease. Took an alvedon (paracetamol) and now I feel better.

If you wonder why I hadnt posted anything good/useful or so in a long time, its because Ive been sick several times over the whole autumn and now into december which has lead to trouble keeping up at school.

Now that I no longer feel like Im gonna die Im instead interested in if any of you have had any moments where you felt like you where going to die. Not the type of moments where you where almost run over by a car and realized it AFTERWARDS (everyone has had moments like that) but moments where you felt that there was great risk of dying soon.

I still very sick so I want to have something interesting to read while I waste time in bed instead of doing schoolwork or something useful.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/Findulidas?feature=mhee
Colossus
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: Sudden death!   Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:39 pm

When I was younger(12 or so) I had this little stomach bug that made me vomit almost continously at one point. Safe to say I was scared, badly.

More recently I had some more stomach problems, was it a month back. The pain got so intense briefly that I nearly passed out. All went away though after one occurrence of diarrhea, however. Maybe didn't think of dying then and there, but still. I've never passed out, mind you.
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Sudden death!   Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:35 pm

Well, I never had a heart attack, but there has been several times when I think and I feel like I'll get one. Strange pain in my chest starts to occur, breathing becomes harder, and my heart beats very erratically and really strong, feeling like Im passing out, except that without nausea. It has happened to me several times, but it hasnt been that common. But given my horribly unhealthy "diet", I dont think is so out of place. Is no longer a big surprise that people < 30 years old get heart attacks.

DBT AKA "Jesus the pimp" - Major Cooke
"02:37 p.m. - DBThanatos runs around like a little girl"
"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King
"In offline gaming we trust" -DBT & MC

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Findus
UAC Space Marine
UAC Space Marine

PostSubject: Re: Sudden death!   Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:40 pm

There are many reason to as to why you can get a feelings similiar to that of heartattack. I remember one of my best friends once said that when he visited a doctor for some unrelated issue the doctor was pissed because he had gotten four ppl in a month that where SURE they where close to getting heartattacks all of whom had eaten far to much hot tacos with chili. Apparently massive heartburn from hot food can push on the chest area giving a similar feeling (pain, feeling of losing breath etc). If you already is sick from eating to much spicy stuff and stressed out cos you think your getting a heartattack then you got yourself a fake heartattack (fast heartbeat, dizzyness). That those ppl refused to recognize thier mistakes and some of thier family members had troubles with heartattacks didnt make the doctors time easier either (dont we all have someone related with heartissues).

That said, it wont make it easier when the pain come and you cant be sure of the real issue.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Sudden death!   Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:15 pm

Funny thing is, I never eat spicy food if I can avoid it. My tongue will start screaming insanities at me and burn me to hell and back if it's spicier than pepperoni.

The only times I thought I was going to die was in my dreams, the very few times I manage to deep sleep which are once in a rare blue moon, and it was a nightmare. It can occur a lot more in younger people, but it's the train dream where you're running from something, you look back to see yourself either outpacing or being outpaced, and suddenly your falling off a cliff into a really deep black gulley.

BAM you fly out of bed, you're hearts racing, and you feel like someone covered your body in glue. It was as if a poltergeist just happened to lift you out of the bed and toss you at least a foot into the air.

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Sudden death!   Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:53 pm

Findus wrote:
There are many reason to as to why you can get a feelings similiar to that of heartattack. I remember one of my best friends once said that when he visited a doctor for some unrelated issue the doctor was pissed because he had gotten four ppl in a month that where SURE they where close to getting heartattacks all of whom had eaten far to much hot tacos with chili. Apparently massive heartburn from hot food can push on the chest area giving a similar feeling (pain, feeling of losing breath etc). If you already is sick from eating to much spicy stuff and stressed out cos you think your getting a heartattack then you got yourself a fake heartattack (fast heartbeat, dizzyness). That those ppl refused to recognize thier mistakes and some of thier family members had troubles with heartattacks didnt make the doctors time easier either (dont we all have someone related with heartissues).

That said, it wont make it easier when the pain come and you cant be sure of the real issue.

Funny thing, I hate hot food. Well, not hate it, but I dont eat food that is too hot, much less spicy. I love the condiments though.

DBT AKA "Jesus the pimp" - Major Cooke
"02:37 p.m. - DBThanatos runs around like a little girl"
"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King
"In offline gaming we trust" -DBT & MC

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Gorgutz
Imp
Imp

PostSubject: Re: Sudden death!   Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:13 pm

I love spicy/hot food, I've even burnt my tongue many times with those damn chili peppers, unfortunately everything's tasteless afterwards. D:
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Sudden death!   Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:19 pm

That's another reason why I don't eat spicy things.

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
Findus
UAC Space Marine
UAC Space Marine

PostSubject: Re: Sudden death!   Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:51 pm

Some of the best foods are spicy. They have a indian restaurant in the city I used to live in which made incredible tasty food which was also incredible spicy.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Sudden death!   Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:01 pm

The best foods for me... are ham and cheese hot pockets hand made.

Back to top Go down
Gorgutz
Imp
Imp

PostSubject: Re: Sudden death!   Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:49 pm

Major Cooke wrote:
cheese hot pockets hand made.
:drool:
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Sudden death!   Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:13 pm

DAMN STRAIGHT.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sudden death!   

Back to top Go down

Sudden death!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1