» Nothing visible
Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:27 am by Thefunny711

» [Fixed] Weapons no longer drop
Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:28 pm by Michaelis

» [Closed] v1.01.5 Not starting
Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:24 pm by Michaelis

» Read me. Unfixable bugs.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:40 pm by Major Cooke

» [Can't fix] Weapon Upgrade Menu does not freeze reloading.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:29 pm by Major Cooke

» Is it playable for d-touch
Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:15 pm by Michaelis

» [Fixed] a Bug and some of my thoughts
Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:20 am by DBThanatos

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

Michaelis

Most users ever online was 65 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:47 am

Share | 

[Not AEoD] Cutscenes can't be skipped

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mr.Kosta
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon

PostSubject: [Not AEoD] Cutscenes can't be skipped   Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:53 am

Ok, I wonder if I'm the only one who has this problem. If I'm not, this is a very serious bug and should be adressed ASAP.

For some reason, I cannot skip the cutscenes that appear after beating a Doom II episode (the one after map 6, for example), which basically prevents me from playing the next map.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [Not AEoD] Cutscenes can't be skipped   Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:22 pm

http://zdoom.org/Changelog/3328/files

This has absolutely nothing to do with us. I can skip it on my end.

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
Findus
UAC Space Marine
UAC Space Marine

PostSubject: Re: [Not AEoD] Cutscenes can't be skipped   Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:37 pm

I dont get how they still can produce such gamebreaking bugs in svns.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/Findulidas?feature=mhee
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [Not AEoD] Cutscenes can't be skipped   Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:41 pm

Don't ask me. We just report them if possible.

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [Not AEoD] Cutscenes can't be skipped   Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:04 pm

Gah! You got me scared there. For a second I thought it was about the titlemap D:

DBT AKA "Jesus the pimp" - Major Cooke
"02:37 p.m. - DBThanatos runs around like a little girl"
"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King
"In offline gaming we trust" -DBT & MC

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Colossus
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: [Not AEoD] Cutscenes can't be skipped   Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:17 pm

I get this too.

However, Ive noticed that it's random, so save just before exiting a map. If you get stuck in the intermission screen, just quickload and try again.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [Not AEoD] Cutscenes can't be skipped   Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:32 pm

Or update your (G)Zdoom. The solution is so simple, yet your proposing secondary solutions in case if the primary solution, which in this case would be to update revisions, doesn't exist. There's no need for that.

Back to top Go down
Mr.Kosta
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon

PostSubject: Re: [Not AEoD] Cutscenes can't be skipped   Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:57 pm

Major Cooke wrote:
Or update your (G)Zdoom. The solution is so simple, yet your proposing secondary solutions in case if the primary solution, which in this case would be to update revisions, doesn't exist. There's no need for that.

I have the latest version of GZdoom, and this morning I DL'd the latest svn. Seems I'm screwed then.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [Not AEoD] Cutscenes can't be skipped   Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:03 pm

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=31529

Try GZdoom 1270 on the drd team website, see if that's any better. No guarantees though.

Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [Not AEoD] Cutscenes can't be skipped   Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:51 am

Okay, looks like you guys have indeed pointed out a rather interesting gzdoom bug that I am now experiencing.

If you're using R1280 and you hit an intermission screen going from, say, map 6 to map 7, simply open the console by pressing the ` (tilde) key and type in "changemap map07" to get past it. This allows for you to keep all your weapons and whatever else you have without restarting the game.

Back to top Go down
Mr.Kosta
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon

PostSubject: Re: [Not AEoD] Cutscenes can't be skipped   Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:59 am

Major Cooke wrote:
If you're using R1280 and you hit an intermission screen going from, say, map 6 to map 7, simply open the console by pressing the ` (tilde) key and type in "changemap map07" to get past it. This allows for you to keep all your weapons and whatever else you have without restarting the game.

If I didn't live across the pond, I'd owe you a beer.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: [Not AEoD] Cutscenes can't be skipped   Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:02 am

Bhaaahahahaha! Razz

Useful console commands are useful, yes?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Not AEoD] Cutscenes can't be skipped   

Back to top Go down

[Not AEoD] Cutscenes can't be skipped
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1