Share | 

My own xmas gift

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: My own xmas gift   Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:02 pm

I was dying to get Postal 3. Steam for some reason is not selling it, as it says "Available: December 2011" after it was saying yesterday that it was going to be available in 4 hours or so.

Back from work, I decided to send steam to hell and buy it somewhere else. And I got it from GamersGate.com

Not exactly cheap, but I really want the damn game.

And now, I find out that they are selling RAGE for 14.99 in steam.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/9200/

I guess Im getting me that game too Razz I just thought of letting you know the game is on sale, in case you're interested.

DBT AKA "Jesus the pimp" - Major Cooke
"02:37 p.m. - DBThanatos runs around like a little girl"
"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King
"In offline gaming we trust" -DBT & MC

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Colossus
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: My own xmas gift   Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:15 pm

I own RAGE myself, bought it on release, and have to say, I dont understand all the attacks against texture pop-ins, bad graphics and whatnot...

The game is brilliant. Surely not what ID made us expect, but it's great none-the-less. The gunplay... Oh, man, the gunplay is pure gold in RAGE. That along with the top notch AI... A very good deal for just 15.

Ill be waiting for your verdict with great anticipation. Smile
Back to top Go down
Findus
UAC Space Marine
UAC Space Marine

PostSubject: Re: My own xmas gift   Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:33 pm

Always wait for the days when your favorite game sells for 50-75% off on steam because those days almost always come. I got fallout3, new vegas, terraria, oblivion, magicka and some more games with 75-85% off.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/Findulidas?feature=mhee
Gorgutz
Imp
Imp

PostSubject: Re: My own xmas gift   Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:21 pm

I bought DNF to try it out and thinking of buying something else... Very Happy
Hope steam gets postal III for sale soon.
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: My own xmas gift   Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:01 pm

Postal 3. I bought it. I downloaded it. I played it.

Is funny, but I havent yet got around really liking it. The one thing I was expecting, is the thing it doesnt have: Sandbox style gameplay. If you played postal 2 and it's expansion, Postal 3 is just like the expansion. Mission after mission after mission.

The new voice of the dude is not that bad at all. Though I hated that they reused lines from P2; with the new voice, that sounds bad. You immediately make a comparison and feel the new voice lacking, but that's only on those lines. Other than that, I like it.

The gameplay, well, run and shoot. I hate though, that sprinting is very short, and that kicking things takes much longer and is not as practical as it was in P2.

Is not a bad game though. But at this moment, having played 1.7 hours, Im not having the fun I wanted to have. I will still keep on playing it. I've heard it gets better.

And also, I read too that RWS is making a free patch to add sandbox to the game. Let's hope that gets actually done.

And talking about RAGE. Well, I bought it too. Only problem is: Download 21gb is kind of hard. I left my computer downloading all night, and by the time I woke up today, I found it was at 38%. "Nice!" I thought. I left my place (to get me a PS3 (can you believe I got it just to get me the Silent Hill games?)), and 3 hours later, when I got back, the download was at 5%. WHAT THE FUCK STEAM!!!??

Still, I'll keep on downloading the thing, in hopes I can play it by Xmas Very Happy

"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: My own xmas gift   Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:42 pm

"Steam has finished downloading RAGE"

affraid

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Colossus
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: My own xmas gift   Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:44 pm

I hope you have an nVidia G-card, since ATI cards are a bit sketchy even after all the updates I'm told.

Also, have fun. I certainly did. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: My own xmas gift   Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:00 pm

Fortunately, I do have an Nvidia card. Not a really high end card, but a very acceptable one.

I just played 2 hours in a row in my first gameplay session. That's good. Not so many games can get me like that.

I had to manually do a few fixes for the texture streaming, but getting rid of that, made the game quite (visually) enjoyable. Also YAY for quake easter egg Razz

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Colossus
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: My own xmas gift   Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:37 pm

It has quite a lot of Easter Eggs, Im sure. I only have an eye for things Doom, so I noticed them (though not sure if all).

Currently, Im waiting for my interest for RAGE to build up again for a Nightmare rerun, with both Normal and Hard done.
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: My own xmas gift   Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:49 am

So.

I spent $40 in postal 3. I spent $15 in Rage.

I have painfully played 3 hours in postal 3. And I have joyfully played 4 in rage.

I have some spare time to play. And I'll keep on playing rage.

I honestly dont recommend Postal 3. Here's a guy that LOVED postal 2 and it's silliness, it's over the top humor and stupid gameplay. So, Im not extremely picky. But postal 3 was a HUGE letdown. I havent finished, nor I think Im near getting that point, but the fact that Im not interested in playing it anymore should say something.

It's getting way too repetitive. All games are that way, but this one, for some reason, lacks any extra spice that makes each mission more appealing than the last. Hell, I even enjoyed more Apocalypse Weekend (postal 2 expansion, which I disliked a lot) than Postal 3.

Weird controls, horrible hit detection system, awful weapons, and the worst part: A boring gameplay. It feels slow. It feels dull.

Yeah, I could go on ranting about this game, but is just that it disappointed me big time.

If anyone REALLY wants to get it, I'd suggest to wait for a sale. I do regret spending that much money in a game that didnt keep the very most basic thing that "it promised" : Sandbox style

In 2006 they wrote:
Desi wouldn't reveal much about Postal 3's game play except that it will continue and expand upon Postal 2's open world design. Desi also told us that they will be taking fan feedback to heart for Portal 3. "A lot of things went undiscovered in Postal 2," Desi told us. In order to help players discover how much content there will be in Postal 3, the game will have what he is calling a series of training missions that will inform players on the many different options in the full open world portion of the game.

Source:
url=http://www.firingsquad.com/news/newsarticle.asp?searchid=12790

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: My own xmas gift   Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:24 am

But surprisingly, I just found out that a patch has been released already with "free ride" mode, which in theory is the free roam. (YAY for no steam updates and having to manually browse through the postal 3 website and forums to find it)

First, I have to find out if I will be able to update my Postal 3 Steam version. If Im successful, then I have to finish the game in order to access it (YAY -that's sarcasm), and well, then to see what it is about.

The fact that there will be Free ride mode and normal mode, pretty much tells me that the free ride one, will be a "explore the city and kill pedestrians as you wish", rather than including missions on it. That will be bad. But Im jumping to conclusions.

First thing is first: patch the thing and finish the game to access the damned mode.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Findus
UAC Space Marine
UAC Space Marine

PostSubject: Re: My own xmas gift   Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:50 am

DBThanatos wrote:

First, I have to find out if I will be able to update my Postal 3 Steam version.

If its an official update steam will almost always update it. If not, its not steams fault but the sellers of postal3 for not updating it on steam.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/Findulidas?feature=mhee
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: My own xmas gift   Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:03 am

I'm sorry, but forcing you to beat the game in order to access the free ride is pathetic. I've hated that about quite a few games.

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My own xmas gift   

Back to top Go down

My own xmas gift
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1