» Discord Channels
    Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:53 pm by Major Cooke

» super shotgun causes GZDoom to crash
    Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:57 pm by Major Cooke

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
    Who is online?
    In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 65 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:47 am

Share | 

[WIP]Sunder: AEonized

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
    AuthorMessage
    Major Cooke
    Developer
    Developer

PostSubject: [WIP]Sunder: AEonized   Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:02 am

"Screenshot":

Ever wanted to enjoy Sunder.wad, but it was too fucking laggy? This modded Sunder is for you!

• All monsters removed - There is an Icon of Sin in each level to spawn all the monsters for you.
    • Gets progressively harder, as with each new map the IOS fires an extra cube, effectively doubling the spawn rate. Also, with each map the amount of damage he can take from his heart becoming exposed increases slightly.
    • To destroy it, you must shoot the hearts that spawn in it's brain (LOL WUT) a certain number of times. You must deal a total of 1000 damage to the hearts to hurt the IOS.
    • He's completely optional: You can choose to navigate through the map by hand and unlock the exit yourself, or kill him and let him do all the irritating switch flipping for you. You're welcome.
    • CYBERDEMONS!? SPIDER MASTERMINDS!? Yes, he can spawn those too, on rare occasion. Larger maps it's rarer for them to spawn naturally, due to the rather crazy amounts he can spawn.
    • Occasionally may spawn random weapons, ammo, health and powerups around the player.
    • Progressive spots will become available for the IOS to spawn enemies at if you decide to navigate the map, so watch out for those cubes wherever you go. It won't seem like it at first, but once you reach the proper areas he will start spitting them and include them in his spawn routine.
    • Above all else: It's still VANILLA FLAVORED!!! Very Happy

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
    "In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
    "That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
    Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.

Last edited by Major Cooke on Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total
    Back to top Go down
    http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
    Michaelis
    Developer
    Developer

PostSubject: Re: [WIP]Sunder: AEonized   Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:10 am

Omg, this is great. Really can't wait. bounce
    Back to top Go down
    Ribo Zurai
    Baron of Hell
    Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: [WIP]Sunder: AEonized   Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:01 am

Ohhh yeah, this is gonna be good. Smile
    Back to top Go down
    Major Cooke
    Developer
    Developer

PostSubject: Re: [WIP]Sunder: AEonized   Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:36 am

Heheh, thanks guys! This shouldn't take too long at all, really. The main thing I have to do is modify the monster to open all walls/doors blocking the player's way to the exit after he dies (he'll also drop all six keys), and make adjustments so he has custom spawners per map, then I should be finished.

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
    Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
    Back to top Go down
    Michaelis
    Developer
    Developer

PostSubject: Re: [WIP]Sunder: AEonized   Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:54 am

Major Cooke wrote:
    This shouldn't take too long at all, really.
    That's even more good news for this evening than I expected!
    Back to top Go down
    WSRainer
    Zombieman
    Zombieman

PostSubject: Re: [WIP]Sunder: AEonized   Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:58 am

Hmm... Vanilla. Razz

That's gonna be a very interesting Sunder design, I could only played it with the default Sunder well with the L4D mode, looking forward for this. Very Happy
    Back to top Go down
    Major Cooke
    Developer
    Developer

PostSubject: Re: [WIP]Sunder: AEonized   Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:12 pm

Michaelis wrote:
    Major Cooke wrote:
    This shouldn't take too long at all, really.
    That's even more good news for this evening than I expected!

Now keep your pants on, I never said it'd be done by this evening as I do have something I have to attend to that'll take a couple of hours at most. That, and I have to go in every map and modify the hell out of them, getting rid of the monsters and adjusting the Icon to become harder with each new map. Easy? Yes. Tedious? Even more so.

Not to mention I have to track down all routes from the Icon to the exit point and open everything along the way...

Back to top Go down
    doomjoshuaboy
    Gibs and Guts
    Gibs and Guts

PostSubject: Re: [WIP]Sunder: AEonized   Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:08 am

well that could be a nice idea because when using the monsters in the area its gets even lagger, does it needs a aeod full mod to play with it or not? just telling ya thats all
    Back to top Go down
    Major Cooke
    Developer
    Developer

PostSubject: Re: [WIP]Sunder: AEonized   Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:29 am

There will be two different downloadable versions, one for aeons and one for regular Zdoom (the difference is in the boss's blood spawning and death explosions).

However this has been put on hold for a little while. Going to two colleges at once ain't exactly what I planned to work with until March, but I'm just lucky enough that I only have to put up with two until then. Afterwards, it'll go back down to one.

Back to top Go down
    Ribo Zurai
    Baron of Hell
    Baron of Hell

PostSubject: Re: [WIP]Sunder: AEonized   Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:53 pm

Oh boy can't wait to play this, can't wait to play the nearly-forgotten HTC V4 as well. But I will try to wait for the proper time. Very Happy

Also Major, I've been thinking, getting a little offtopic. I tried to make a gamemode called "Free 4 All", which causes the monsters/weapons spawners to have the chances of spawning equalized, thus, all weapons/monsters/bosses would have equal chances to appear; almost succeful, just couldn't make the gamemode appear in the Options menu.

Would it work well with AEonized Sunder?
    Back to top Go down
    Major Cooke
    Developer
    Developer

PostSubject: Re: [WIP]Sunder: AEonized   Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:58 pm

Sorry, but first off I'd have to try it out.

Second, it'd have to be something official that DBThanatos approves otherwise it's extremely unlikely that my answer will be correct.

Third, well, we'd have to balance it ourselves. That's a decision you have to make for yourself, because sunder is going to be a different style of gameplay.

p.s. I haven't forgotten HTC2. I'm just bugfixing at this stage, and considering redoing an entire area.

Back to top Go down
    doomjoshuaboy
    Gibs and Guts
    Gibs and Guts

PostSubject: Re: [WIP]Sunder: AEonized   Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:48 pm

Major Cooke wrote:
    There will be two different downloadable versions, one for aeons and one for regular Zdoom (the difference is in the boss's blood spawning and death explosions).

However this has been put on hold for a little while. Going to two colleges at once ain't exactly what I planned to work with until March, but I'm just lucky enough that I only have to put up with two until then. Afterwards, it'll go back down to one.

does it have to take along download because i had a 120 kb to 220 kb broadband and i dont like wasting it but i love aeod very much so yeah ( sry i had to say this Sad )
    Back to top Go down
    Major Cooke
    Developer
    Developer

PostSubject: Re: [WIP]Sunder: AEonized   Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:11 pm

Less thing actors in the map so it's definitely going to be lighter. Yes, you must download them separately.

Back to top Go down
    doomjoshuaboy
    Gibs and Guts
    Gibs and Guts

PostSubject: Re: [WIP]Sunder: AEonized   Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:13 am

ok great thanks Very Happy
    Back to top Go down
    mattbratt11
    Gibs and Guts
    Gibs and Guts

PostSubject: Re: [WIP]Sunder: AEonized   Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:48 pm

I was waiting on a big release.
    Any Updates?
    Back to top Go down
    Major Cooke
    Developer
    Developer

PostSubject: Re: [WIP]Sunder: AEonized   Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:43 am

Nope. Been busy with AEoD.

Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [WIP]Sunder: AEonized   

Back to top Go down

[WIP]Sunder: AEonized
    View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
    Page 1 of 1