Share | 

AEoD v6.02 & Contest

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: AEoD v6.02 & Contest   Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:11 pm

//********************************************************************************************
//********************************************************************************************

AEoD v6.02 & Contest
(01/22/2012)

Download AEoD v6.02
You still need to download the main AEoD package (link)

New patch is up. But is no simple patch. See the readme for the changelog of the bugfixes. What's important here, is what's new in it.

"Portal Run" mode

Straight from the Readme
Quote :
Is a brand new mode where you get the portal gun right at the beginning of the game.

Specifics:
-Player gets the portal gun, but no other weapon when the game starts.
-By default, player cant pick more weapon (as it will say all slots are full)
-Player can disable the weapon slot limit system to pick weapons, but that's optional
and not adviced for the purpose of this mode
-Player will get Earth Symbols and a Pentagram at the beginning of each level, this is
of course, to grant some protection.
-At the beginning of each level, player will loose all powerups that he gathered in the
previous level, except the earth symbol, pentagram, medkits and life urns.
-If player doesnt cheat, is a guarantee that he will be able to kill the bossbrain when
he makes it to map30; after the main voice finishes it's line, try switching weapons,
or just cycle through the weapons in slot 1, and get your prize.

So, the idea is to finish the game as fast as you can. Simple, huh?

Well, it is. But, turns out, that this is a little contest. Players have up until February 18th 11:59 PM (GTM - 6:00) to upload their videos running through Doom2. On February 19th, at 10pm central time, the winners  will be announced, and they get to pick their prize.

The rules

-No cheating (doh!)
-Player will have to record the whole thing from start to finish. It doesnt take that long. If they cant upload it in one piece, upload it in as many videos as needed, but without any special video editing.
-Player can play in the easiest skill.
-No fancy video editing of any sort. Plain and simple video showing how he managed to get past  through doom2.
-Player can jump, crouch, and any trick the can do to move faster, as long as is not a cheat  (say, you can wallrun, but you cant "turbo" yourself via console)
-Player cannot deactivate the Weapon Slot Limit system.
-Map 31 and 32 should not be played.
-Once finishing map30, player must let the game show all the stats.

All the entries must be posted individually in this forum, in a thread per entry:
http://aeod.forum0.net/f2-portal-run-entries

The criteria

Once the video is submitted, we'll watch the whole thing, and at the end of map 30, we'll see what the internal game clock says. The lenght of the youtube video will not be taken into account, just the game clock.

The Winners (02-19-12)

Congratulations to our only 2 participants. The sole fact that they went through all doom2 with this crazy set of rules under this crazy mod with that crazy gun, is enough to congratulate them. But as I promised, with 2 participants, we have two winners.

Congratulations krokots and eaglemf!! Enjoy your prizes!

DBT AKA "Jesus the pimp" - Major Cooke
"02:37 p.m. - DBThanatos runs around like a little girl"
"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King
"In offline gaming we trust" -DBT & MC

Spoiler:

Last edited by DBThanatos on Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:59 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD v6.02 & Contest   Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:36 pm

Link appears to be broken, at least for me it is. I click the "skip ad" and it immediately redirects back to here.

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD v6.02 & Contest   Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:26 am

That's more about your own add-blocks. I have no such thing and the link works fine. But anyway, for convenience purposes here's the link without the http stuff

Code:
sendspace.com/file/x4rfnq

Just add www(dot) in the front. Or if your browser is smart enough, it'll do it for you.

"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Michaelis
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD v6.02 & Contest   Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:24 am

May I take part if I have no Steam account, but in case I win my friend will claim the prize?
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD v6.02 & Contest   Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:50 pm

I would be willing to think that's an acceptable alternative, but out of curiousity... Why doesn't your friend participate? Or is he participating?

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD v6.02 & Contest   Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:24 pm

Michaelis wrote:
May I take part if I have no Steam account, but in case I win my friend will claim the prize?

Sure thing.

Also, to everyone: if you have any way to advertise the contest, please do. Let's take this as far as possible. But I do need some help here.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD v6.02 & Contest   Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:25 pm

I'll slap it on top of my deviantART account. Gotta come up with a nice visual for it...

Back to top Go down
Michaelis
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD v6.02 & Contest   Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:50 pm

Major Cooke wrote:
Why doesn't your friend participate? Or is he participating?
He isn't interested in AEoD. In Doom at all.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD v6.02 & Contest   Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 pm

Bummer, man.

Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD v6.02 & Contest   Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:38 am

I needed to clarify something. Can users record all maps on an individual basis then stick them together? Or does it have to be the 100% playthrough, no stopping?

Because I kept dying at times and having to reset them was a bit of a pain.

Back to top Go down
Findus
UAC Space Marine
UAC Space Marine

PostSubject: Re: AEoD v6.02 & Contest   Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:11 pm

Major Cooke wrote:
I needed to clarify something. Can users record all maps on an individual basis then stick them together? Or does it have to be the 100% playthrough, no stopping?

Because I kept dying at times and having to reset them was a bit of a pain.

I cannot record more than 10mins in a row so I will never have more than that in one file, thats perfect length for youtube clips though so I dont see a reason to change it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/Findulidas?feature=mhee
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD v6.02 & Contest   Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:17 pm

In a video I left uploading all night, and that youtube decided to fuck up, again, something happened.

In "barrels o' fun" somehow I screwed the map sequence, to a point where I didnt know how to progress. What did I do? I went ahead and killed myself. Since the clock only counts the time of the last time you started the map, there's no harm on restarting the map.

Unless you're messing up 10 times per level, I really would not recommend to record each map individually.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD v6.02 & Contest   Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:08 am

Alright, back to regular announcement, since the reason for it to be global was just because of the contest info which is now officially over.

Thanks for participating Very Happy

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: AEoD v6.02 & Contest   Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:27 am

WORD OF WARNING:

Zdoom r3572/GZdoom r1360 currently breaks the Bio Force Gun's alternative fire AND the force cubes, so if you're using a (G)Zdoom build of most recent, I recommend the build just under it.

I've reported the bug on the Zdoom forums. I see absolutely NO reason for them NOT to fix it, because it's technically breaking compatibility with AEons of Death v6, and causing things to malfunction.

Thank you for your time.

Last edited by Major Cooke on Sun May 13, 2012 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr.Kosta
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon

PostSubject: Re: AEoD v6.02 & Contest   Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:43 pm

Thanks for the advice, man. Good thing I haven't updated Gzdoom in a while.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AEoD v6.02 & Contest   

Back to top Go down

AEoD v6.02 & Contest
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1