» Nothing visible
Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:27 am by Thefunny711

» [Fixed] Weapons no longer drop
Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:28 pm by Michaelis

» [Closed] v1.01.5 Not starting
Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:24 pm by Michaelis

» Read me. Unfixable bugs.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:40 pm by Major Cooke

» [Can't fix] Weapon Upgrade Menu does not freeze reloading.
Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:29 pm by Major Cooke

» Is it playable for d-touch
Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:15 pm by Michaelis

» [Fixed] a Bug and some of my thoughts
Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:20 am by DBThanatos

» About using stuff from the MOD
Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:14 am by Minuk

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 65 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:47 am

Share | 

Diablo3 open beta

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Findus
UAC Space Marine
UAC Space Marine

PostSubject: Diablo3 open beta   Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:13 pm

The beta on diablo3 is open over the weekend. If you are thinking of buying it you should try it out. There will be a stresstest which might mean lag and stuff like that but its free.

Also unlike the earlier complaints with rainbow colors and stuff the game isnt as colorful as it was 2009, they changed a lot since then.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/Findulidas?feature=mhee
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Diablo3 open beta   Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:46 pm

But unless they changed their policy of "you cant play (SP) without being online", I wont be even trying the beta.

DBT AKA "Jesus the pimp" - Major Cooke
"02:37 p.m. - DBThanatos runs around like a little girl"
"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King
"In offline gaming we trust" -DBT & MC

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Diablo3 open beta   Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:04 pm

Damn straight. I'm sticking with DBThanatos on this one. To hell with it, I'm happy playing Median XL for Diablo II as is.

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
Gorgutz
Imp
Imp

PostSubject: Re: Diablo3 open beta   Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:48 pm

Classes look uninteresting, game design is warcraftish (just like in SC2) even without being rainbowish, the whole 3d rendered graphics take away the essence of the first 2. Just like SC2 is an HD remix (*cough sellout cough*) from Activision, Diablo 3 attempts to be different but fails tremendously by sharing more generic ideas and design instead of new ones.

I'd recommend a SP consolized action/rpg game a la Devil May Cry/Soul Reaver/Prince of Persia called Darksiders. The second game will be released by Q2 this year. (though it has nothing to do with the Diablo series)
Back to top Go down
Findus
UAC Space Marine
UAC Space Marine

PostSubject: Re: Diablo3 open beta   Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:12 am

Heh, no seriously I liked the game a lot. I sure as hell will be playing it.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Diablo3 open beta   Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:59 am

Gorgutz wrote:
Classes look uninteresting, game design is warcraftish (just like in SC2) even without being rainbowish, the whole 3d rendered graphics take away the essence of the first 2. Just like SC2 is an HD remix (*cough sellout cough*) from Activision, Diablo 3 attempts to be different but fails tremendously by sharing more generic ideas and design instead of new ones.

I'd recommend a SP consolized action/rpg game a la Devil May Cry/Soul Reaver/Prince of Persia called Darksiders. The second game will be released by Q2 this year. (though it has nothing to do with the Diablo series)

Yes. Darksiders is fucking awesome. So the gameplay of D3 was tripe to you?

"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
Gorgutz
Imp
Imp

PostSubject: Re: Diablo3 open beta   Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:46 pm

Major Cooke wrote:
Gorgutz wrote:

So the gameplay of D3 was tripe to you?

Absolutely. Since the very moment I had a glimpse of Diablo 3 and its gameplay some years ago, I felt completely disappointed. I'm a huge fan of the first Blizzard games, but the whole cartoonish style they've adopted since then (Warcraft 3, WoW) has completely forsaken the gloomy and frost-biting atmosphere from the first 2 Diablo games and their expansion packs (expansions > shitty DLC) for an instance. (Yes, we owe that to the death of Blizzard North and Activision, among others)

One of the greatest virtues of the first 2 Diablos was that the whole character, environment and enemy design was simplistic enough, without either being too simple and thus depriving the game's quests of their epic value, nor being overly absurd and exaggerated.

You could clear a cave of monsters in the first quest in D2 and there wouldn't be extreme special effects to get the player to feel that that place would be cleansed of evil, but just simple rays of sunlight filtering through cave's walls would do the job, and it sure as hell did. Monsters looked spectacular, had all kinds of voices and sound effects when alive and slain, and yet again were simplistic in concept but very detailed. (imps were little annoying coloured demons that looked like imps and were fun as hell to kill, without the need of being 5 headed bestialities)

Bosses were bigger in size than the player's character and other human characters in the game but not oversized and extremely detailed (both Diablos), their deformed bodies and horripilant voices (Fresh meat!) would just give that atmosphere only a few games had back in the day.

As for items, the starter ones would have the looks and feel of real medieval weapons and armor, only to end up with unique magic relics that would have spectacular properties yet they wouldnt have to be 6 feet long/wide to prove that they really had power in them. Runes, runewords and charms in LoD would complement the game in ways greater than imagined as well, while at the same time being of great benefit to the player.

Last but not least is the SP gameplay. They both were excellent Action RPGs with an spectacular storyline that no MMO has. Sure, Diablo 2 is hella fun to play in MP specially these days with all those new events of Über Diablo, Über Baal and whatnot, but the game is still rock solid in single player, since Diablo 2 also featured AI controlled mercs that would give that always needed helping hand in those tight situations, despite not being as powerful nor helpful as other players. Fortunately, unlike games like WoW, it wasn't party dependant for regular quests in MP.

These are only a few reasons why I prefer the old ones over D3. If I had to enumerate them all, you'd all go TL;DR on this. Razz

Off Topic: SC2 was also another disappointment for me because of its aim towards competition and "e-sporting", minding also the cartoonish graphics again and the "superweapons" that looked cool at first (one of the betas had a full fledged mothership that could stop incoming missiles with a shield as if they were stopped by time itself, yet it ended up being just another gimmick that wasn't gonna make it to the final version) yet don't actually fit in the whole universe of Starcraft, unlike RTS franchises like Command & Conquer.
Back to top Go down
Findus
UAC Space Marine
UAC Space Marine

PostSubject: Re: Diablo3 open beta   Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:27 am

I dont agree with anything, except perhaps that the last sets of gear might be a little bit over the top, but then again so where the last sets of gear in diablo 2. Bone shields, that big hammer thing (forgot the name), ancient armors, crystal swords not to mention the effects on some of the sets and runewords. While diablo3 has some big weapons they arent bigger than the ones in diablo2. Atleast not any Ive seen so far. The monsters I met are almost exactly the same size in diablo3 and many of them act the same way they did in diablo 2. Imps-> fallen. Zombies. Then we got the big monsters but they act similar to maulers in diablo2. Skeleton and skeleton rangers. Those quill monsters being almost the same, except faster and deadlier in diablo3.

In the list under is a long list of failures of diablo2 and few improvements on said failures on diablo3. You obviously dont have to read it and I probably wont respond to any long arguments against it, just felt I had to voice some major problems I had with diablo2 because the game wasnt all good. Sure it was good at the time but diablo3 is better in all of these circumstances I think.

Spoiler:

Having written that long wall of while not wrong but perhaps useless text, since probably arent going to persuade anyone here anyway. By now most people should already have made the choice of buying the game or not. I think if anything is going to change our minds then its thier friends playing it and liking/disliking it a lot.
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Diablo3 open beta   Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:39 am

Findus wrote:
By now most people should already have made the choice of buying the game or not. I think if anything is going to change our minds then its thier friends playing it and liking/disliking it a lot.

True. My decision is to not buy it. I dont care the world comes saying is THA BEST GAME OF HISTORY, I will not support a game that FORCES you to have internet to play it. They can try to bullshit me all they want saying is "to prevent cheating", but come on! Is all about DRM and their "models" to impose extra costs to players.

Back in 2010 wrote:
Blizzard on Thursday revealed a StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty pricing model that it hopes will make the game more appealing to gamers in emerging markets such as Mexico, Argentina and Chile.

Blizzard is offering fully localized versions of the PC real-time strategy game for the South American countries for a suggested retail price of around $25-$30USD. That's about half of what it costs for the standard U.S. version, which Blizzard said would cost $59.99.

The catch is that gamers in emerging markets who pay for the cheaper version of the game can only play StarCraft II single and multiplayer for six months, through Blizzard's revamped Battle.net online platform.

After that six months, players that opted for the cheaper version of the game will have the option to pay additional 30- or 60-day subscription fees to play the game. Blizzard said it will announce specifics on recurring fees at a later date.

Now, this is far from what they are doing NOW with diablo 3, but I wont be surprised, and I will quote myself whenever blizzard starts with their bullshit again.

They keep on adding more and more "features" to fuck with people that is paying for the game. I dont give a shit about pirates. I give a shit about the money I'd be spending to buy the game, to then find that it requires me to be online all the time in order to play single player.

In their heads, all filled with the ambition of reaching "the big market" (i.e. the pseudo MMORPG all the games are morphing into), the idea of people who HATE to play multiplayer, doesnt fit. Single player, but still I need to fucking sign in? What if Im in my laptop because of a power outage. Or if I have an internet outage? "Screw you" they say. Well, yeah. Screw this. Is all about DRM*

Im not trying to change anybody's mind, but it really pisses me off the whole "YOU ALWAYS HAVE TO BE ONLINE" idea. I was willing to forgive the new design of the players, monsters, weapons, scenery, etc. All that I was willing to forgive and spend $60 or so in the game. Now, I wont throw a penny to blizzard. Vote with the pocket, they say. And whether people will do the same or not (most likely) my vote is there, and I'll just laugh when the reveal how the game will be a money machine.

Money for a company should be for the benefit of the company AND the players. This days it all seems as if they just want to fill their pockets and put out whatever the fuck they can just to get some more.

*DRM? Yeah, I have Bulletstorm in steam, and I love the game. But I was so fucking tired of all their DRM measures, that guess what? I went and downloaded a pirate version of it. What did I get? The same game, without needing steam. Without needed "Games for windows live" shit. Companies think that piracy is all about getting something for free. No. Is about getting something convenient. Not something that is a hassle to install, and launch after I dont know how many authentication processes. If blizzard would give up with their always online shit, I can tell you I'd buy the game right away. But not like this. At all.

"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Findus
UAC Space Marine
UAC Space Marine

PostSubject: Re: Diablo3 open beta   Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:48 am

I also feel its an issue that you have to have internet connection (with drm) although I dont feel its anywhere close as important as you do. Most people I know dont. Infact while almost everyone thinks its annoying with both, they still very much like the idea of blizzard have more control over the items and gold to ensure that the items on the auctionhouse are legitimate (especially now that you can buy those items for real money there) and also that they are more actively combating hackers of any kind. Diablo2 suffered horribly because of stuff like that. You can say its not because of trying to catch cheaters, but wow worked like that. There has yet been anyone who has hacked wow items and gold for himself and successfully used them for a longer period there so clearly theres some truth to that statement. The people selling gold actually have to grind it first.

While a singleplayer only version of the game should be an option most people I know still think that the game is good enough to ignore the always online shit. Infact I dont know anyone that doesnt have an broadband that lives in sweden so not really an issue here (even my grandmother who only plays solitaire has 1/1mb). Even the trains including the trainstations all have broadband on them.

You also seem to forget that all games with subscriptions have quickly died out or atleast lost a massive amount of players if they havent delivered the features, bug fixes and improvements people want. I know since Ive tried quite a few amount of mmos with them, I can name a few of the top of my head, warhammer online, rift and aion. People only pay for games they enjoy which also keeps adding features that last.

I can only sympathize with you when you do feel this way because it seems to be the way of the whole game industry atm, that is as long as the games make up for it in other ways I dont think people are going to care that much about it.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Diablo3 open beta   Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:00 pm

Findus wrote:
While a singleplayer only version of the game should be an option most people I know still think that the game is good enough to ignore the always online shit. Infact I dont know anyone that doesnt have an broadband that lives in sweden so not really an issue here (even my grandmother who only plays solitaire has 1/1mb). Even the trains including the trainstations all have broadband on them.

Not to sound like an antagonist...

But not everyone has good internet connections like you or I. DBThanatos's internet has proven to be... somewhat unreliable at times, and it's the slight unreliability that ruins the fun. Why?

We don't want to have to be disconnected and have to attempt reconnection EACH and EVERY time, just because something on the end of our ISPs goes and fucks something up. Far as I know, it could last for days at a time.

That's just the frosting on the cake too...

Back to top Go down
Findus
UAC Space Marine
UAC Space Marine

PostSubject: Re: Diablo3 open beta   Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:30 pm

Major Cooke wrote:
Findus wrote:

Not to sound like an antagonist...

But not everyone has good internet connections like you or I. DBThanatos's internet has proven to be... somewhat unreliable at times, and it's the slight unreliability that ruins the fun. Why?

We don't want to have to be disconnected and have to attempt reconnection EACH and EVERY time, just because something on the end of our ISPs goes and fucks something up. Far as I know, it could last for days at a time.

That's just the frosting on the cake too...

I know, Its annoying as feck, but thats how it is. I just wrote that because for the majority of the players a stable internet connection is not an issue and therefore they can get away with forcing people to have constant internet connection, especially when diablo3 uses a very small amount of connection compared to anything else (on any of the beta observations of it atleast). Most gamers buy a decent computer and have decent internet connection to it. Even if your computer is several years old and your connection is slow but stable, you will be able to play it easily (atleast at the beta specs and according to what blizzard has said). Just like some new games requires a good computer which leaves players out, they think they can release a game that requires players to have a slow but stable connection. Diablo3 has, when it comes to anything else, very low requirements to be played decently. That will still of course leave some players out like dbt, but they are in a small minority.
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Diablo3 open beta   Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:43 am

Findus wrote:
Most gamers buy a decent computer and have decent internet connection to it

And that, is precisely the mentality that bothers me. Not to sound harsh, but everyone lives in their own world ignoring that not everyone around has it that "easy", and here are some facts.

Sweden huh?
internet world stats: Sweden wrote:
8,397,900 Internet users as of June/10, 92.5% of the population, according to the International Telecommunication Union - ITU.
source

Compare to, say, USA.
internet world stats: USA wrote:
239,893,600 Internet users as of June/10, 77.3% of the population, according to ITU.
source

Yeah, one is less than 10 millions, and the other one is over 200, but here Im not talking about the population. Im talking about the percentage of them that have internet access.

Guess what? I live in neither place. I dont live in the "first world". Instead, a sub developed third world country.
To be more specific, in central/south america, AKA latin america.

Now, please, look at the table here, where it shows for my region, with an est population of almost 600 million, not even the half, heck, barely above a third of the population has internet access. Now look at the numbers for all the other regions.

Now, please tell me again "they are in a small minority". I guess all the players that dont have internet are reporting online to say "hey, I dont have internet". I certainly doubt so.

Yes, the fact that they leave a "minority" out consciously based on the requirements of the game makes sense, however, if I dont belong to the majority, fuck myself, right? Notice, Im not ranting against you (findus); Im ranting against the mentality where is all assumptions based in the world people live in.

"Offtopic:

You wont see me complaining about not being able to play offline an MMORPG. Why? because is designed to play like that. But the fact that they try to sell diablo 3 for both worlds, the single and multiplayer one is bullshit to me. Their whole auction house stuff is 100% targeted towards online play.

-We have created this great invention called the auction house where players all around the world can go and start buying and selling stuff to other pl..
-But I dont want to play online, nor I care about that auction whatever thing. What can I do?
-You can play alone, too. We thought of you too because we care about you! (insert gigantic businessman smile here) but you still need to be connected to make sure you dont mess up with the people that are playing online and possibly spending money in crap within the game, whether you'll ever go to play with other people or not; we'd better be safe and call you a criminal than being sorry.

Blizzard, cut the crap and call it an MMORPG, and I'll shut up already.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Mr.Kosta
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon

PostSubject: Re: Diablo3 open beta   Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:20 am

@DBT

Well said, man, well said.

And just to be the devil's advocate, at least Blizzard doesn't try to pull off that "limited installations" crap EA did with Dead Space 2. That DID piss me off.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Findus
UAC Space Marine
UAC Space Marine

PostSubject: Re: Diablo3 open beta   Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:01 am

DBThanatos wrote:
Notice, Im not ranting against you (findus); Im ranting against the mentality where is all assumptions based in the world people live in.

Heh I get that.

Im explaining why it is like it is, Im not agreeing to it. Im not ignoring the fact that you and many other doesnt have a stable internet connection, blizzard is. Like I said thats the way of the industry at the moment. Focusing on the countries where the most people are willing to spend the most money on the game. Also while there are 10% not having internet connection in sweden many of these are either to old, getting connection from someplace else (students sometimes get together and buy connection for a whole building), not interested in internet or games or just too poor to buy d3 anyway. Im guessing in most countries targeted by blizzard this is the case.

I think blizzard has viewed diablo3 as primarily a multiplayer thats online with an auctionhouse for quite some time. Everytime they talk about stuff it seems to be collect gear, achievments and play using diffrent builds with your friends online.

As for the offtopic:
Spoiler:

Also that gif always makes me glad, I really like citizen kane and orson welles.
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Diablo3 open beta   Sat May 05, 2012 11:10 pm

@Mr.Kosta. Yeah, I speak spanish indeed.

And if I were to play D3, I'd miss the necro indeed Sad

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Findus
UAC Space Marine
UAC Space Marine

PostSubject: Re: Diablo3 open beta   Sun May 06, 2012 12:28 am

DBThanatos wrote:
I'd miss the necro indeed Sad

True, true. I always played the necro.
Back to top Go down
Gorgutz
Imp
Imp

PostSubject: Re: Diablo3 open beta   Mon May 07, 2012 1:05 pm

Findus wrote:
DBThanatos wrote:
Notice, Im not ranting against you (findus); Im ranting against the mentality where is all assumptions based in the world people live in.

Heh I get that.

Im explaining why it is like it is, Im not agreeing to it. Im not ignoring the fact that you and many other doesnt have a stable internet connection, blizzard is. Like I said thats the way of the industry at the moment. Focusing on the countries where the most people are willing to spend the most money on the game. Also while there are 10% not having internet connection in sweden many of these are either to old, getting connection from someplace else (students sometimes get together and buy connection for a whole building), not interested in internet or games or just too poor to buy d3 anyway. Im guessing in most countries targeted by blizzard this is the case.

I think blizzard has viewed diablo3 as primarily a multiplayer thats online with an auctionhouse for quite some time. Everytime they talk about stuff it seems to be collect gear, achievments and play using diffrent builds with your friends online.

As for the offtopic:
Spoiler:

Also that gif always makes me glad, I really like citizen kane and orson welles.

...And that's exactly the problem of today's game industry. Just like ravens and vultures leave their nests seeking nothing but fresh corpses/body parts, the industry is after nothing but profit. What happens when you make games with the blatant and utter intention of selling out? What's happening today.

Back in the '90s/early 2000s games weren't focused towards selling to the highest bidder, but on innovation, gameplay and graphics (perhaps in that order or gameplay as 1st) which were considered not to just make games more interesting to play but also to naturally become a success, without having to hype about them. Most games have nowadays have either become compendiums of DLC or "evolved" into online MMOs.

Even with the past "flaws" (Diablo 2 has had almost 10 years of update patches while Starcraft has had almost 12) of Diablo 2 "fixed", Diablo 3 will be a different game that lacks the feel only Blizzard North could gave to its predecessor. It'll be another action dungeon crawler without the blood, artwork, sound and concept the first ones had. That's nothing you can "fix" with enhanced game engines or flashy new graphics. Not even the new classes look strong enough to fill that gap.

Let's take Max Payne 3 as another example. It's been announced that there won't be any comic strips describing the events in a detectivesque, chronic setting, something that, along with bullet time and several other features, defined the style and personality of the first two games. There won't be any more painkillers, vengeance, noir city stories nor deductive work to do. Just running and gunning, dodging and getting behind cover so that we don't take too much trouble beating the game. Oh and there's bullet time, too.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Findus
UAC Space Marine
UAC Space Marine

PostSubject: Re: Diablo3 open beta   Tue May 08, 2012 8:02 am

If you think for one second that any larger company of any sort arent primarily trying to make a profit then you are a fool in this regard, during the 90 or 00s this was no diffrent. Only small indie producers and programmers arent primarily going for a profit and just like now the dominant games during the 90s where either made by the large companies of today or the old big companies of then. Diablo 2 was no diffrent, as for the dlc's an expansion pack is very much like it. If you think the games or companies were vastly better in the 90s or 00s its possibly because you were either a child or young back then.

There absolutely was a lot of hype around games at the 90s and 00s. I remember the commercial fights between all the vg consoles very well as a kid (probably because I played more vg then). Although this has increased even more now since the game industry has grown a lot. Also due to competition any game that intends to sell loads needs to have some hype and commercials around it because otherwise it will be left behind the games that are hyped. Its just like commercials for any other existing thing on earth.

Still hype can only get you so far, you still have to have atleast a decent game. Commercials help a lot but what has kept coca cola popular is also that many people actually like the taste of it. While you dont like diablo3 most people do and its not only because its hyped. Its because they played the beta, talked with friends that did, saw the ingame clips and liked what they saw. If a company hypes a game that doesnt deliver then the customers dont trust the company anymore. While that might mean that the game isnt like diablo 2, its apparently what people want. Remember this is years later and what people want has changed.

As for the criticism that diablo3 is not extremely innovative jay wilson (project leader) adressed that question specifically in an interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nrli-by8oOU
I think he has a point. So far diablo3 has been exellent in the beta and I completely trust blizzard to make a great game because they havent failed to make a good game in years.

As for max payne, I havent bought the second and third game because I felt them inferior to the first and none of my friends liked them as much. While the second game mightve been good in retrospect, the third one doesnt look promising to me. Looks like that extremely shitty game kane and lynch, a game which I decidedly did not like when me and my friend played it.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Diablo3 open beta   Tue May 15, 2012 8:40 am

I'm larfing so hard.

The first level of Diablo 3 is a tough one.

Boycubpiglet wrote:
Well they got the look and feel of hell right because millions of us are experiencing it right now.

DBT aught to get a kick out of that. People who bought the game can't log in due to the servers being broken.

Heheh, score one for DBThanatos!

Back to top Go down
Mr.Kosta
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon

PostSubject: Re: Diablo3 open beta   Tue May 15, 2012 2:16 pm

Well, thats almost 50€ that I'll be saving.
Back to top Go down
Findus
UAC Space Marine
UAC Space Marine

PostSubject: Re: Diablo3 open beta   Tue May 15, 2012 11:21 pm

They were down for about 2.5 hours I think. Im not overly suprised since most mmos have bad issues the first days. Often its serverlag, login problems or some serious bug appears. This often occurs due to that they didnt have enough servers to deal with the players since its very hard to predict how many will play and prepare for it. Overestimating might cost a serious amount of money.

I personally didnt even have any trouble with it since I was playing over the whole period and therefore didnt need to log in.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Kosta
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon

PostSubject: Re: Diablo3 open beta   Wed May 16, 2012 1:42 am

Findus wrote:
This often occurs due to that they didnt have enough servers to deal with the players since its very hard to predict how many will play and prepare for it.

Well, they should have expected to have a metric ton of people in their servers, seeing as they force you to be online to play singleplayer, for fuck's sake!
Back to top Go down
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Diablo3 open beta   Wed May 16, 2012 2:29 am

Major Cooke wrote:
Heheh, score one for DBThanatos!

For both of us.

So, yeah.

-IM A BIG COMPANY THAT WILL FORCE YOU TO BE ONLINE IF YOU EVER WANT TO PLAY, YOU FUCKING HACKING THIEF!!!
-But your servers are down.
-IM A BIG COMPANY STILL. FUCK OFF.

Mr.Kosta wrote:
Findus wrote:
This often occurs due to that they didnt have enough servers to deal with the players since its very hard to predict how many will play and prepare for it.

Well, they should have expected to have a metric ton of people in their servers, seeing as they force you to be online to play singleplayer, for fuck's sake!

Precisely.

"It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that if you sell 'x' amount of games, then you need 'x' server space to run the game," Mr Bennett said.

source

EDIT: you know what? In my selfish and certainly angered point of view, there should be some type of DOS attack towards blizzard, constantly. The reason? To show to everyone that is so much into "Is the time of online only: grow up!" type of attitude, why the idea of depending on something/someone else to be able to play something I/you bought, is simply stupid.

Imagine having blizzard servers all fucked up preventing the world of players (that they are forcing to be online) from being able to play. Wouldnt it be a catastrophe? Oh wait. It already happened.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Findus
UAC Space Marine
UAC Space Marine

PostSubject: Re: Diablo3 open beta   Wed May 16, 2012 4:25 am

Well have to see if they have removed those issues that prevented players to log in tonight, they said they had resolved the major bugs about 8 a clock yesterday (swedish time). If not then its kind of annoying.

I dont really feel thats its bad that bad that people are unable to log in for few hours during the first few days. Like I said compared to any other mmo its very common that there are bugs, hotfixes that put out the servers for few hours now and then. Patchdays and maintenance days. These are on games you pay by the month btw. While people moan about it and make loads of drama its mostly because they enjoyed the game so much that they are annoyed when its down. Thats also the reason blizzard can get away with it. If they didnt enjoy playing then there will be trouble ahead because of this, although all twelve of my friends enjoyed the game greatly yesterday and I feel I can be certain to say that many players have.

While it is troubling that most companies releasing mmos often cannot have release days without issues (sometimes because of too many people logging in), its probably because x amount of players buying the game absolutely does not mean x amounts of players will be playing at the same time. Infact 95% of the day far less are playing the game and even on peak hours not everyone owning the game is online. How to estimate how many that are going to log/play in at the same time and also keep the costs of the servers at a reasonable price is a major problem for any mmo. While blizzard has issues with this and bugs they are known to reaction pretty quickly compared to most other companies.

If you want a company thats really really horrible when it comes to servers look at EA, they are notoriously bad at it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diablo3 open beta   

Back to top Go down

Diablo3 open beta
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next