AEons of Death

Forum to the ZDoom Mod AEoD / AEons of Death by DBThanatos
 
HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» [WIP]Happy Time Circus 2: V4 Pre-release 2
Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:55 pm by Major Cooke

» [6.07b1] Incorrect item counting
Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:08 pm by Major Cooke

» No music in a specific situation
Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:54 am by SLAYER1980

» Update June 2, 2017 - DBT has left the building
Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:13 pm by Major Cooke

» AEoD 6.07 Beta 1 Released!
Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:07 pm by Major Cooke

» AEoD 6.06.2 Released!
Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:30 am by Michaelis

» AEoD Music Thread
Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:23 am by Michaelis

» Discord Channels
Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:53 pm by Major Cooke

» super shotgun causes GZDoom to crash
Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:57 pm by Major Cooke

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 65 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:47 am

Share | 
 

 Diablo3 open beta

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer
avatar

Posts : 4018
Join date : 2008-09-03
Location : Beyond the unholy grave; Altering the future.

PostSubject: Re: Diablo3 open beta   Wed May 16, 2012 4:58 am

Awesome review is awesome

Quote :
*This review was written based on experience from launch day up until the 16th of May. Game experience may change over time

Diablo 3 is the newest release from one of the most successful and profitable games developers of all time, and the amount of money they have spent on the presentation is obvious from the very start. An amazing animated sequence sets the scene for the adventure to come. Even at this early stage though there seem to be issues with the game. The animated sequence seems to depict events that never occur once you begin playing.

You see while Diablo 3 may appear to be a fantasy epic about adventure and defeating waves of orcs and other enemies, it is in fact a complex meta-game based around trying to log in to a server that may or may not exist. Obviously devised as a kind of reworking of B.F Skinnerís work on conditioning of pigeons, this game asks how long a player will attempt to log in to a game that probably doesnít even exist. Like the symbolic pigeons pecking away to try to release seeds, Diablo 3 has set the gamers of the world the task of repeatedly clicking at a log in page with increasingly obscure error messages befuddling them and tricking them into believing they are making progress.

I'd suggest you guys to read it through if you feel like laughing.

_________________

DBT AKA "Jesus the pimp" - Major Cooke
"02:37 p.m. - DBThanatos runs around like a little girl"
"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King
"In offline gaming we trust" -DBT & MC


Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Mr.Kosta
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon
avatar

Posts : 525
Join date : 2010-03-14
Location : Somewhere

PostSubject: Re: Diablo3 open beta   Wed May 16, 2012 5:35 am

Well, after reading the review, I'm decided.

I live in a pretty secluded area, which means mi internet connection sometimes is a bit unreliable. I may be able to play TF2 one day, and have like 1000 ping the next.

So I ABSOLUTELY REFUSE to pay a single cent for a game I'm going to have massive problems to play even in SINGLE-FUCKING-PLAYER, let alone almost 50Ä*. Just NO.

*= For non-Europeans: an Ä is worth more or less 1,20 US$. Just so you can do the math.
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer
avatar

Posts : 5098
Join date : 2009-04-28
Location : Banana land.

PostSubject: Re: Diablo3 open beta   Wed May 16, 2012 10:45 am

Yeah. Translated into $, that's 63.61 dollars.

Fuck that.

They shouldn't have pulled such a move of being online only.

_________________
"well, im not too sure. I mean, we made money, but im not able to wipe my ass with $100 bills yet." - DBThanatos
"And one for Bobo the Space Monkey!" - Postal Dude
"My grandmother could beat the game if she saved as much as you do!" - Postal Dude
"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
Colossus
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell


Posts : 256
Join date : 2011-11-08
Age : 25
Location : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Diablo3 open beta   Wed May 16, 2012 12:14 pm

I've read that there's quite a few problems with the game, and in one thread at Gamespot, people were quite unhappy overall with the game. Some were delighted, and some were angry.

Personally these Diablo games are not my cup of tea, but I acknowledge their status as great games.
Back to top Go down
Findus
UAC Space Marine
UAC Space Marine
avatar

Posts : 593
Join date : 2010-01-18
Location : Gun in hand, enemy in reach.

PostSubject: Re: Diablo3 open beta   Thu May 17, 2012 2:29 am

Most of the issues players where annoyed with was resolved on the first night, including the login problem which is now apparently gone. Atleast there were none yesterday for either me not my friends. We actually tried to check since they had said they resolved them.

Ive read that joke before dbt in some other form and I think it was pretty funny.

The price on the game is heavily reduced if you buy it at the right place, some of my friends claimed they had bought it for 320kr (33euro) but the cheapest I saw was 370 kr (38euro). Only if you want to buy the digital version straight from battle.net you have to pay for the full price.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/Findulidas?feature=mhee
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer
avatar

Posts : 4018
Join date : 2008-09-03
Location : Beyond the unholy grave; Altering the future.

PostSubject: Re: Diablo3 open beta   Fri May 18, 2012 12:56 pm

"Diablo 3: you canít log-in and you shouldnít care". For real? That stupid article really pissed me off.

And there's people who have brains:
Quote :
Blizzard have argued that Diablo IIIís requirement of a connection is not about DRM, but about improving the playerís experience. If people could play offline, thereíd be no way to prove they hadnít used cheats, and thus it would be unfair if they could then transfer those characters online. Oh, and their profit-generating auction houses would be inaccessible to such players. Thatís all true, but none of it is a reason to prevent people from playing offline anyway. Sure, youíd not be able to transfer your character into an online game, and perhaps someone might want to change their mind after a long time building a roll, and be frustrated by their being kept out. But with that made clear from the start, itís a personís choice. A person whoís paid their £40+ for the game could choose how they want to play it, accepting that caveat. Itís simply disingenuous to suggest that enforcing an always-on connection is necessary for the playersí benefit. And thatís ignoring the vast numbers of people who just canít play at all because of the lack of a permanent connection.
source


And:
Quote :
These journalists should be informing readers as to why consumers are angry, why gamers are peeved and why those 0/10 review scores are the way they are. Reading through most comments give you a clear picture that first-adopters don't mind that there's a delay, they don't even mind that servers are down, however they do mind that the game boasts a single-player mode you can't play without constantly being connected to the internet. It's no different than being forced to watch a DVD or Blu-Ray from your player while always being online. Yes, most people are connected online one way or another, but if you want to watch a movie at your own leisure then that's what you paid for. This is not the case with Diablo III, you cannot play the game whenever you want; you can only play the game when Blizzard allows you to.
source

_________________

DBT AKA "Jesus the pimp" - Major Cooke
"02:37 p.m. - DBThanatos runs around like a little girl"
"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King
"In offline gaming we trust" -DBT & MC


Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer
avatar

Posts : 5098
Join date : 2009-04-28
Location : Banana land.

PostSubject: Re: Diablo3 open beta   Fri May 18, 2012 3:38 pm

YES!!! cheers

_________________
"well, im not too sure. I mean, we made money, but im not able to wipe my ass with $100 bills yet." - DBThanatos
"And one for Bobo the Space Monkey!" - Postal Dude
"My grandmother could beat the game if she saved as much as you do!" - Postal Dude
"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer
avatar

Posts : 4018
Join date : 2008-09-03
Location : Beyond the unholy grave; Altering the future.

PostSubject: Re: Diablo3 open beta   Sun May 20, 2012 8:23 pm

Diablo 3 accounts hacked? check

So, their "OMG WE WANT YOU ONLINE TO PREVENT ANY TYPE OF CHEATS" reason (i.e. the auction house) is not even out there yet, and still, they're getting fucked on their asses?

Sounds like a winner to me.

Oh, and this:
Quote :
This ďalways onlineĒ system is, frankly, bullshit. Iím fighting A.I.-controlled in a single-player game Ė why should I have to deal with lag or disconnects? Blizzard says that the online requirement prevents hacking, item duplication and piracy. Hereís the thing: I donít give a fuck about any of these things. People want to cheat their way through the campaign? Go nuts. People want to flood the auction house I donít use with cheap items I wonít buy? Go nuts. I can understand Blizzard wanting to prevent these problems (piracy especially) but there are ways to accomplish that without saddling me, the paying customer, with issues. Itís inexcusable to me that they couldnít offer an offline option. Let me create a character solely for single-player, with the caveat being that I canít use the auction house or co-op. I might not opt for that deal Ė co-op is sort of fun Ė but the lack of choice here is just grating.

source

_________________

DBT AKA "Jesus the pimp" - Major Cooke
"02:37 p.m. - DBThanatos runs around like a little girl"
"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King
"In offline gaming we trust" -DBT & MC


Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Findus
UAC Space Marine
UAC Space Marine
avatar

Posts : 593
Join date : 2010-01-18
Location : Gun in hand, enemy in reach.

PostSubject: Re: Diablo3 open beta   Sun May 20, 2012 11:34 pm

That accounts would be hacked there were never any doubt about. Blizzard cannot make sure that the computers are safe on the users end.

They can however easily fix the problems when the servers have logged what has happened and when. They did it for me when my wow account got hacked yeaars ago. In just two days they had fixed everything and sent me a free authenticator which was at the time a completely new thing. They can also easily trace where the items and gold went and remove it.

Also its not certain that its diablo3 thats hacked it can very well be the battle.net like it was before. Usually you get a mail where you are supposed to check that the changes on your battle.net account are valid. To do that you need to login on the link which seems to be the normal battle.net but isnt this obviously gives the hackers the login credentials. In my case it was probably a mod with a trojan in wow which I deleted, diablo3 doesnt have mods.

The fact that you are unable to use the auction house when you have been hacked is really bad though. They sure couldve solved that much smoother.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/Findulidas?feature=mhee
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer
avatar

Posts : 5098
Join date : 2009-04-28
Location : Banana land.

PostSubject: Re: Diablo3 open beta   Tue May 22, 2012 12:22 am



What is this I don't even

_________________
"well, im not too sure. I mean, we made money, but im not able to wipe my ass with $100 bills yet." - DBThanatos
"And one for Bobo the Space Monkey!" - Postal Dude
"My grandmother could beat the game if she saved as much as you do!" - Postal Dude
"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
Findus
UAC Space Marine
UAC Space Marine
avatar

Posts : 593
Join date : 2010-01-18
Location : Gun in hand, enemy in reach.

PostSubject: Re: Diablo3 open beta   Tue May 22, 2012 2:39 am

Major Cooke wrote:


What is this I don't even

Hehe the new secret cow level is so awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/Findulidas?feature=mhee
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer
avatar

Posts : 4018
Join date : 2008-09-03
Location : Beyond the unholy grave; Altering the future.

PostSubject: Re: Diablo3 open beta   Sun May 27, 2012 8:21 pm

So, turns out that Blizzard's "OH THIS IS THE REAL REASON WHY WE NEED PEOPLE ALWAYS ONLINE, BUT I SWEAR IS NOT DRM. I PROMISE" crap, isnt happening soon.

Im dead happy I didnt buy this thing.

Why in the hell did they even release it, if it wasnt finished? Why did they advertise you'd be able to sell your shit, and deliver a product where you cant do what you so blatantly wanted to sell with?

DBThanatos, in the future wrote:
Hey guys!! AEoD v7 will contain a great new feautre we're proud of: You're going to have achievements, coop, death match and competitive MP, and PS3 and Xbox360, cross platform support! You will be able to get it for just $14.99

Then a year later I release AEoD 7, you buy it and the feature is not present.
Quote :
Oh, is just that it wasnt tested very much. Dont worry, we'll release a patch where it all will be possible. Eventually. But thanks for buying it though.

See? Im not the only one who thinks this whole thing is shit


_________________

DBT AKA "Jesus the pimp" - Major Cooke
"02:37 p.m. - DBThanatos runs around like a little girl"
"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King
"In offline gaming we trust" -DBT & MC


Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer
avatar

Posts : 5098
Join date : 2009-04-28
Location : Banana land.

PostSubject: Re: Diablo3 open beta   Sun May 27, 2012 8:28 pm

The fact they're even lying about their shit being hacked alone, as is, combined with the fact that they're delaying means the auction house was probably ruined by a bunch of divine hackers who permanently sabotaged the thing. That's my speculation. Razz

Thank God for them!

_________________
"well, im not too sure. I mean, we made money, but im not able to wipe my ass with $100 bills yet." - DBThanatos
"And one for Bobo the Space Monkey!" - Postal Dude
"My grandmother could beat the game if she saved as much as you do!" - Postal Dude
"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer
avatar

Posts : 4018
Join date : 2008-09-03
Location : Beyond the unholy grave; Altering the future.

PostSubject: Re: Diablo3 open beta   Sun May 27, 2012 9:19 pm

I hope you're foretelling what's to come. Or if it already happened, I'll be happy throwing shit every single time I have the chance.

_________________

DBT AKA "Jesus the pimp" - Major Cooke
"02:37 p.m. - DBThanatos runs around like a little girl"
"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King
"In offline gaming we trust" -DBT & MC


Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer
avatar

Posts : 5098
Join date : 2009-04-28
Location : Banana land.

PostSubject: Re: Diablo3 open beta   Sun May 27, 2012 9:22 pm

Heh, well, it was my speculation that they already came in and ruined the party, hence D3's auction house permanently delayed. Twisted Evil

_________________
"well, im not too sure. I mean, we made money, but im not able to wipe my ass with $100 bills yet." - DBThanatos
"And one for Bobo the Space Monkey!" - Postal Dude
"My grandmother could beat the game if she saved as much as you do!" - Postal Dude
"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
Findus
UAC Space Marine
UAC Space Marine
avatar

Posts : 593
Join date : 2010-01-18
Location : Gun in hand, enemy in reach.

PostSubject: Re: Diablo3 open beta   Mon May 28, 2012 2:50 am

Diablo3 isnt hacked lol, stop making shit up. Whats been hacked are users who have been hacked from thier own computers using trojan keyloggers or via thier mail either using phising mails or their main mail being hacked completely. There is little risk of getting hacked though and if you got an authenticator like I do then its basically zeroed.

The diablo3 game itself has never been hacked just like wow never was. Partly the reason is that they can log everything since its online all the time, which is why many people thought being forced to be online is a good thing since you can get most of your stuff back if you where hacked since you can show with thier logs that you infact where.

As for the rmah being delayed, there are few d3 players that care about that tbh. You can easily get good gear from the ah as it is and its hard to miss something you have yet to try out. The rmah in itself will probably increase the longevity of the game since blizzard will make money out of it, even if I never buy anything on it. Which means I still like the idea of it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/Findulidas?feature=mhee
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer
avatar

Posts : 5098
Join date : 2009-04-28
Location : Banana land.

PostSubject: Re: Diablo3 open beta   Mon May 28, 2012 7:54 am

Findus, I'm not making shit up. I'm speculating. Biiiig difference.

Also, DBThanatos: Doesn't it go without saying that you shouldn't be able to stunlock a boss's ass to death? 'Cause I found a video that shows him being stunlocked to death and an easy victory resulting.

Who designed the Diablo boss fight, a bunch of monkeys who take a dump every minute while being chased by policemen with fly swatters?

_________________
"well, im not too sure. I mean, we made money, but im not able to wipe my ass with $100 bills yet." - DBThanatos
"And one for Bobo the Space Monkey!" - Postal Dude
"My grandmother could beat the game if she saved as much as you do!" - Postal Dude
"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
Findus
UAC Space Marine
UAC Space Marine
avatar

Posts : 593
Join date : 2010-01-18
Location : Gun in hand, enemy in reach.

PostSubject: Re: Diablo3 open beta   Tue May 29, 2012 1:31 am

Major Cooke wrote:
Findus, I'm not making shit up. I'm speculating. Biiiig difference.
Well, you said that they were "lying about thier shit being hacked". Thats not true. The only ones being hacked are users (which get thier items/levels back btw) and they dont lie about those.
Major Cooke wrote:

Also, DBThanatos: Doesn't it go without saying that you shouldn't be able to stunlock a boss's ass to death? 'Cause I found a video that shows him being stunlocked to death and an easy victory resulting.

Not in inferno, stuns and stuff like that are heavily decreased in duration. You could possibly do it on normal but def not on any of the harder difficulties.

Even so the actual bosses in the last difficulty arent the strongest mobs with the best drops. The elites with monster modifiers become that at some point there. This is to ensure that you dont have to grind the same boss over and over to get the best gear but you can do it all over. The bosses seem to drop only good gear when you have killed 5 elites or more before doing them and by then the elites drops are also buffed. Also on inferno you get drop buffs by not changing builds which means you cannot change to stunlock builds on some things and then change back if you want the best drops.

What you could do in hell (probably inferno as well) is have a stun for the bosses and then interrupt some spells like the breath on diablo which does huge damage, since seconds before doing it diablo prepares by drawing in her breath. This is an intended feature since it will possibly kill melee classes in inferno if they dont.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/Findulidas?feature=mhee
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer
avatar

Posts : 5098
Join date : 2009-04-28
Location : Banana land.

PostSubject: Re: Diablo3 open beta   Wed May 30, 2012 5:25 pm

This also sums up my thoughts on it, except I think Diaperpoo 3 is a lot worse. Go Yahtzee!

"'Sorry, can't hear you over the sound of all MONEEEEEY!' - Diablo 3" - Yahtzee

_________________
"well, im not too sure. I mean, we made money, but im not able to wipe my ass with $100 bills yet." - DBThanatos
"And one for Bobo the Space Monkey!" - Postal Dude
"My grandmother could beat the game if she saved as much as you do!" - Postal Dude
"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer
avatar

Posts : 4018
Join date : 2008-09-03
Location : Beyond the unholy grave; Altering the future.

PostSubject: Re: Diablo3 open beta   Thu May 31, 2012 2:48 am

Very Happy

Damn video. LOAD FASTER!!

_________________

DBT AKA "Jesus the pimp" - Major Cooke
"02:37 p.m. - DBThanatos runs around like a little girl"
"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King
"In offline gaming we trust" -DBT & MC


Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Findus
UAC Space Marine
UAC Space Marine
avatar

Posts : 593
Join date : 2010-01-18
Location : Gun in hand, enemy in reach.

PostSubject: Re: Diablo3 open beta   Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:36 am

I dont really see why you take it so personal that d3 didnt meet your expectations, there are other similar games out there like torchlight 2 or path of exile. I dont understand how you can spend so much time hating a game people play as entertainment, its not as if you are forced to buy it or play it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/Findulidas?feature=mhee
Mr.Kosta
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon
avatar

Posts : 525
Join date : 2010-03-14
Location : Somewhere

PostSubject: Re: Diablo3 open beta   Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:29 am

Findus wrote:
I dont really see why you take it so personal that d3 didnt meet your expectations, there are other similar games out there like torchlight 2 or path of exile. I dont understand how you can spend so much time hating a game people play as entertainment, its not as if you are forced to buy it or play it.

Well, I personally don't give three shits about D3, but this "online only" shit can become a nasty trend for those of us cursed with shitty internet connections.

If that's where the industry is headed, count me out. I'm happy with sticking to indie/old games.

This, of course, is my personal opinion. You'd have to ask DBT or MC to know why they have their sights on D3.
Back to top Go down
Findus
UAC Space Marine
UAC Space Marine
avatar

Posts : 593
Join date : 2010-01-18
Location : Gun in hand, enemy in reach.

PostSubject: Re: Diablo3 open beta   Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:04 am

Mr.Kosta wrote:

Well, I personally don't give three shits about D3, but this "online only" shit can become a nasty trend for those of us cursed with shitty internet connections.

D3 isnt the first game that has online only though and blizzard is certainly not the first to use it. Infact you could say that it already was a trend before d3 was released.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/Findulidas?feature=mhee
DBThanatos
Developer
Developer
avatar

Posts : 4018
Join date : 2008-09-03
Location : Beyond the unholy grave; Altering the future.

PostSubject: Re: Diablo3 open beta   Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:38 pm

Let me tell you why is "personal".

Diablo is a franchise I love. And I hate the path they took it. First it was all about how childish it looked through the media they released, but even then, I decided to give it a shot and spend my money in the game to actually try it before judging. But what I dont need to try first, is their idiotic DRM measures to know they are shit. Is not the game what Im hating anymore, is the whole mentality of the gamemakers.

Again, like I've said before, you cannot sell me a $60 USD product, telling me is one thing when is not. They want the users to be online all the time. Not only that, the game depends on the servers to play (unlike, say, doom3 which just verified the game was legit, and ONLY WHEN YOU WERE ONLINE). Fuck the servers, and you'll get your game fucked until they're OK. Servers down are pretty bad, but now they are all thinking "oh, that wont happen again". What about the lag when playing? Sure, I havent tried it myself, but that's why I have another million people who bought it, and are willing to rightfully criticize the product they bought.

I have been always an enemy of DRM. Im an enemy because in it's current state, is a disgrace for consumers. And if you cant see that, Im sorry to tell you that you are part of the problem. If I would spend $60 on a game I can only play whenever blizzard wants me to, or in other words ALLOWS me to, then why in the fuck did I pay $60 for? When I buy a movie, I expect to see it whenever I want and for that convenience is why Im paying whatever amount is being charged for. But, say, if I want to see it on a theater, guess what? I have to pay much less because Im bound to the rules of the place. So, again, sixty dollars for something I wont be able to play when I want? What the fuck? Am I renting a game or did I buy it?

Now, you say "D3 isnt the first game that has online only though and blizzard is certainly not the first to use it". Ok, and how many of those other games got the hype diablo 3 had? How many games were in development for 10+ years? The problem is that they are taking a game a lot of people (me included) wanted, and they are imposing this extremely inconvenient DRM measures. It is a smart strategical move on their side, because they know people were dying to play the thing, and would pretty much bend over and take whatever the creators wanted to shove up their asses. And that's how this DRM was successfully introduced into an extremely popular game.

Well, Im one of those who wont bend over. I hate DRM because I hate to be treated like a criminal. Because each new generation of games come with more intrusive DRM. What's next? You will need to have HD webcam for the game to record you all the time you're playing, to ensure you're the one who bought the game? DNA tests with a one day delayed authorization, to ensure you're the one who bought it? Sound like an exaggeration, but if you dont realize with this examples why Im so fucking pissed off, then I'll give up explaining you, because you seem to be in the side of "oh, I want the game, I will put up with whatever they come up with". And even worst, defend it.

Call me paranoid, or whatever, but all their "always online to prevent cheating" is bullshit. I see clearly how it is an imposition of DRM. Put all the flowers you want on top of it, but is still DRM in it's core. Online always for the real money auction house, my ass. Where is it? Oh, right. Delayed indefinitely.

And I get so vocal about this, because if I can prevent anyone from getting a game like this, I will. If I can get anyone to complain about a game like this, I will. Im sick of seeing people acting like game company is making us a favor, to us paying consumers.

_________________

DBT AKA "Jesus the pimp" - Major Cooke
"02:37 p.m. - DBThanatos runs around like a little girl"
"Because now, all you see in AEoD was either ripped, processed and/or coded by the AEoD team (or direct contributions FOR AEoD). It might be a ripfest, but is OUR ripfest." -DBT about AEoD v6
"Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot." - maddox
"What I talk about is Doom, because in the end, Doom is all that counts." - Stephen King
"In offline gaming we trust" -DBT & MC


Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer
avatar

Posts : 5098
Join date : 2009-04-28
Location : Banana land.

PostSubject: Re: Diablo3 open beta   Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:06 pm

DBThanatos wrote:

Now, you say "D3 isnt the first game that has online only though and blizzard is certainly not the first to use it". Ok, and how many of those other games got the hype diablo 3 had? How many games were in development for 10+ years?

Indeed. Not even Duke Nukem Forever was THAT stupid, nor was Bulletstorm (despite the rumors which you and I debunked). (simply pointing out Duke Nukem due to it's 12 year development span, and Bulletstorm because of said rumors that it would require an internet connection to play)

As far as I care for DRM, I personally don't care when it comes to MMORPGs like World of Warcraft because... well, what do you expect? They outright at least tell the fucking truth for one and says it's "MULTIPLAYER" without making up bullshit excuses too.

But things like Diablo 3... Oooh boy...

I agree with what you say, DBThanatos. Blizzard may rot in hell until they remove the DRM from at LEAST single player!

And I'm glad they haven't come out with the online auction house. That was nothing but dribbled piss and spunk in a nasty combination of the biggest pile of horse shit I have EVER heard of!

_________________
"well, im not too sure. I mean, we made money, but im not able to wipe my ass with $100 bills yet." - DBThanatos
"And one for Bobo the Space Monkey!" - Postal Dude
"My grandmother could beat the game if she saved as much as you do!" - Postal Dude
"Float... They aaaaaall float! And when you're down here with me, fat boy! YOU... float... too!" - Pennywise, the Dancing Clown
"In Offline Gaming We Trust" - DBT & MC
"That truck is fucked." - FPS Russia
Spetsnaz. When the only way to kill a terrorist is with a back-flipping Apache attack.
Back to top Go down
http://majorcooke.deviantart.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Diablo3 open beta   

Back to top Go down
 
Diablo3 open beta
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Heroes of the Storm open beta
» The Division Open Beta Dates
» Free Destiny of Spirits Beta Key
» FusionFall Retro open beta was online last night...
» Open Beta Changelog for DCS 1.5.5.58642.188 3NOV 2016

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AEons of Death :: Non AEoD related :: Off Topic Talk-
Jump to: